8.18.2005

i think i can i think i can



well i cast on for rogue. and i'm doing ok so far. i swatched the turned hem with some waste yarn and was able to figure it out so thats a start. and i decided not to do the twisted stockinette stitch for the hem. i talked with the lady down at lys and we agreed it makes the fabric on the hem twisty too. adn she couldn't think of a good reason to do it that way, so i just did a regualr stockinette hem i'm 4 rows in to the chart and no disasters so far so i'll just keep my fingers crossed. anyway. don't you just love this color?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

The first part just gets turned under so it probably won't make any difference. I believe the reason they tell you to do twisted stitches or a k1p1 rib is so that it will pull in a bit and not cause the bottom of your finished sweater to bell outward.
Looking good!

11:42  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Hi Lesley -- I did the k1p1 rib, but I think that regular old st st would be fine as well (that's how I've always done a hem -- okay, the one time I did it). The twisted st seems to make a really firm fabric, as per Cynthia's that I saw this week. Good luck! Can't wait to see!

14:42  

Post a Comment

Link:

Create a Link

<< Home