Skip to main content

getting organized

so about a hundred years ago when i was in school i had a handheld computer. it helped me keep track of birthdays, addresses, assignments, and my high score in bejeweled...

today it came out of the box in the back of the closet for the first time in i don't know how many years. you see i think i'll be needing to keep track of my bejeweled scores in my new position.

no?
k, how 'bout this? i think i might need a better calendar than my free hallmark one. in the past it has served me well. until now i was able to write down my schedule and then scribble in schedule changes in those one inch squares. i could happily cross off days until vacation started. i could draw lines through days i couldn't work for some event or another. i could even fit in knitting night notices and the occasional lunch date. alas i think i'll need more space now. there will be actual stuff happening during my days. more stuff than making coffee that is. (i'm kinda panicking here can you tell?) i saw my training manual when i picked up my schedule yesterday-not only are there 40 hours on that schedule-that book is 5 inches thick!

so it was either crawl through a stack of boxes for the old clie or head to the office supply store and shell out cash for one off those paper planner jobbies. heck no. i'd rather use my completely defunct piece of technology thank you very much.*

have you ever noticed how long it takes to get organized?
i spent about 5 minutes putting my work schedule into the computer. then about 5 more looking up birthdays in my address book. i'll do the actual addresses another day i think. it will take an hour i'm sure to get them all in one place. then i spent 20 minutes getting the updated info on all the knitting events in the area and adding them in. i marked when dave's family is coming to visit. and then a couple of weddings that are coming up. finally i hit the little blue button. and wonder of wonders - it actually syncs properly. i'm amazed. and then i spent about 2 hours looking for games to put on the handlheld. what can i say? i have to see how high i can get that score on bejeweled :)

*thank you very much to dave who found the software to get it to work on my much newer but still dinosaur of a computer. you've gotta love those technology guys who can get this reluctant stuff to talk to each other. he's better than a therapist!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job, Dave!!!!

I need one of those techie guys. I've got a math head I could trade.

Popular posts from this blog

space science and a little silliness {closed}

so i was reading some online news and look what i found! you've got to read this its about pluto . so my question is. what happens to the rhyme that kids use to memorize the order? i mean hello! My Very Ecellent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas... just doesn't have the same ring without the pizzas does it? oh well. so i have a proposition . no no silly no tthat kind of proposition. dave would get mad! or at least i hope he would... anyhoo. come up with your own rhyme to help kids memorize the order. the sillier the better, and the winner will get something fabulous from my stash. wow. i've never had a contest before this is kinda fun! i guess i have to figure out a way to pick the winner. hmm. ok all entries that include the beginning letter of all the currently accepted planets and usues them in order will go into a hat. not the actual people who enter. thats a big hat. but all their entries :) and a random draw shall decide ok? enter as many times as you like. and have

stick a spoon in these and stir!

lots of sugar in my cappuccino please. or maybe iced. it has been a hot day... i guess as long as it is caffeinated it shouldn't really matter right? i think i deserve it! cause these babies are done! the venezia socks. or cappuccino as i call them. i used the pattern charts and just knit these up. for my second attempt at stranded color work i think they turned out great! if i had it to do over again i would probably have used a different pattern for the sole. the stripe is a little too bold for the swishiness of the instep and leg pattern. but hey. you learn. the specifics: pattern: chart from the venezia sweater by Eunny Jang yarn: sock it to me 4 ply in coffee bean and latte needles: knitpicks harmony circs size 1. socks knit as 2 magic loops simultaneously (these needles are actually growing on me) details: magic cast on 16 stitches in coffee bean, increase at edges on every row to 26 then every other row to 36 stitches. move one stitch from sole of sock(35) to inste
and a last farewell...before i ripped out sunrise circle i took a parting photo...this sweater was jus tnot meant to be. too many other things wanted to be finished first. soon to come the bad penny 2 that i'm making for my trip to italy!